PEAKS & VALLEYS CAMP
June 8.-15. 2019
A refreshing week for body, soul and spirit!
What to expect
All of us are going through different seasons in our lives; sometimes it feels like we’ve just reached the top of a mountain, and at other times we may be deep down in the valley losing our focus and purpose. This week is for anyone who loves the great outdoors, and has an open mind and heart and wanting to grow deeper in their personal relationship with God. We want this week to be an encouraging and challenging timeout, to bring new Godly perspectives into our lives.
Exciting outdoor activities like, hiking, climbing, high ropes course, kayaking, and sightseeing historical villages will fill our days! You don’t need to be overly fit, however, it will be helpful if you can manage a 3-4 hour hike. Since not everybody is into the more adventurous activities, a two day white water kayaking beginner course and a rock climbing day will be offered optionally.
After breakfast, we will usually start our days off by focusing on God’s word with Satish John from the Torchbearers center in Dehradun, India. Since “Peaks & Valleys” is the topic for the week, we want to reflect on how people in the bible dealt with ups and downs in their lives. Satish will help us to see how God changes perspectives, especially in times of deep distress and trials! Satish is certainly no stranger to both of these circumstances, and he will share many encouraging personal stories of God’s leading and provision in his adventurous life.
The evenings will always be relaxed with fellowship, singing, games and reflecting on some epic experiences we’ve had!
The camp will be in english and german, although it will be essential that you do understand english fairly well.
- Host and Camp Leader
- Born 1974 and living in Lavin
- Married and dad of three girls
- Self-employed Guitar Builder and Carpenter
- Studied at Capernwray Harbour Bible School with his wife 1999-2000
- Youthworker for many years
- Loves craftsmanship and the adventure
- Guest Speaker for the week
- Born 1964
- Widower since last year
- Studied theology , philosophy, political science, personal Management , Social science etc.
- Director of the Torchbearer Centre in Dehradun, India
- Speaker at international conferences and bible colleges
- Big heart for people in need and just to serve others
- Co-Leader for the Camp
- born 1984 in South Africa
- Studied Theology and Business Project Management
- Aircraft Sales Professional and Pilot for small planes
- currently working with Lukas at Brunner Guitars
- Loves running and the great outdoors
Beginning and End
Start: Sunday 6pm with dinner, arrival possible after 4pm in the afternoon
End: Saturday morning 11am
The Chasa Perspectiva is only a one minute walk from the train station in Lavin! If you plan to travel by car here’s the plan your trip
What to bring
Cloths for all weather conditions, hiking boots and house shoes
Insurance is the responsibility of the participant
Accommodation and Meals: CHF 350.- including all meals and tourist tax
Additional optional costs:
-Two days white water kayaking beginner course: CHF 150.-
-Entrance ticket for the historical castle Schloss Tarasp: CHF 25.-
-Possible extra train rides: CHF 20-60.- (usually we‘re traveling with cars and vans)
We will get back to you with further detailed informations as soon as possible after receiving your application. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email or call us if you have any further questions before submitting the application.