Juni 28th – Juli 4th 2020
Chain sawing, chiseling, carving, reflecting, discussing, celebrating, grilling… One week of shaping and being shaped in a men’s fellowship! A creative timeout in a spectacular setting of the Engadin mountain valley in Switzerland!
What to expect
In a group of a maximum of 12 men, we will do a lot of work and sweat, but we also want to come to rest and have a relaxing time together!
While designing and shaping our own sculptures, we will also be exploring more about ourselves and our ultimate creator. What does He mean by being created “in His image”? What is our calling? Where do we find fulfilment and what makes us feel fully alive?
Armin Hartmann from the Christian Retreat Centre Schloss Klaus in Austria (Carpenter himself) will encourage and challenge us daily after breakfast with valuable input on these questions.
Surrounded by the rugged beauty of the Engadin mountains and the scent of freshly cut pine wood, we spend most of the day together outside on a beautiful clearing in the forest! Under expert guidance we work on our sculptures and we cook our lunch over the fire! In the evenings we make ourselves comfortable in the accommodation and barbecue, discuss, hear life stories and chill …
Of course there will also be opportunities for smaller scenic trips in the area!
The camp will be mainly in German, but English speaking men are also very welcome!
To give expression to a sculpture is always something very personal, but without experience not so easy…
From designing your motive to the wood selection and from rough cutting to carving the details, you will be professionally supported. Chain saws and the necessary protective clothing as well as various carving tools will be provided for all (though not for 12 at the same time). Of course you may also bring your own tools, this would even be very welcome!
Basically, no prior knowledge is required, but you should fell comfortable using of a chainsaw and various hand tools. It is important that you already come with 1-2 ideas and sketches for your sculpture! Keep in mind that you have to somehow transport your sculpture home as well! 😉
We will be a group of maximum 12 people and everyone is sharing a bed room with 3-5 others. Sharing life aside from the daily programs, including cooking meals in smaller teams, will also be an essential part of our experience together, so come prepared 😉
Here you can find more details about the accommodation.
- Host of the camp
- Born 1974 and living in Lavin
- Married to Eva and father of three daughter
- Self-employed Guitar Builder since 1995 and trained Carpenter/Cabinet maker
- Studied at Capernwray Harbour Bible School with his wife 1999-2000
- Qualified personal and team coach
- Youthworker for many years
- Loves guitars, craftsmanship and the adventure
- Our guest speaker for the week
- Born 1969 in Wetzikon/Switzerland
- Married to Beatrix and father of four children
- Trained Carpenter, Outdoor- und Experience Educator, MA in Theology
- Since 1993 working at Schloss Klaus (Torchbearers Austria), being involved in youth ministry for 20 years, today responsible for all adult retreats. Speaker at conferences internationally
- Loves reading, playing Saxophone and the great outdoors
- Our professional expert for the Wood Sculptures
- Born 1958 in Seattle, WA USA
- Married with Maya and father of two children
- Self-employed since 2008 as furniture designer and wood sculptor
- Loves wood, art and ski-touring
Start: Saturday, June 28th, 6pm with dinner, arrival possible after 4pm in the afternoon
End: Saturday, July 4th, in the morning 11am
The Chasa Perspectiva is only a one minute walk from the train station in Lavin! If you plan to travel by car here’s the Link to plan your trip
What to bring
If you want you can bring your own tools and your own wood. Other than that enough cloths for in- and outdoors, house shoes and hiking boots.
Insurance is the participants responsibility
-Accommodation and Meals plus gear and tourist tax: CHF 590.-
-Material cost for your log will vary from CHF 50-200.-, depending on your choice of wood, quality and size
Additional costs for optional trips:
-Entrance ticket for the historical castle Schloss Tarasp: CHF 25.-
-Entrance High ropes course: CHF 25.-
We will get back to you with further detailed informations as soon as possible after receiving your application. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email or call us if you have any further questions before submitting the application.